Leather leg holster bags
So last night I went out. No biggie, just a regular Sathurday. Until I noticed that my bus ticket was gone... That´s 3 weeks of travel time and 20 euros lost faster than you can say "another beer". Recently I have started leaving my handbag at home and just taking the essential with me to bars/clubs. This includes iPhone, credit cards (in holder), some cash, keys to my house, lipstick/lip balm, cigarettes + lighter and the darn bus ticket. Let´s just say that I´m traveling really light. I noticed that I can fit all of this to my pockets if I´m wearing my trusted vintage leather jacket with a breast pocket. But when I´m not, I´m carrying the whole lot in my jeans pockets and in my hands... I still found it to be better than having a handbag with me. It just does not suit my weekend style anymore and is a pain in the butt if you fancy going dancing hands free.
Anywayz, after losing my travel card I had to evaluate the whole situation in storing things on my body when going out. I while ago I saw a hand made leather leg holster bag in Etsy and it looked super cool. Just big enough to fit my phone, cards and other small stuff I´d like to keep in sight but not carry. With the strap around your leg it is also way much better to go dancing with than a bag. Body harnesses have been a big accessory trend lately and I see these leg holsters to be the next evolution phase from that. The best designs are made so that you are able to modify the style to be worn either on your leg or on your torso. Like those legendary mobile phone shoulder holsters back in the 80´s yuppie days. The available styles vary quite a bit in style and size, just like in hand bags. I could imagine leg holsters being the perfect accessory to bring with you also while traveling and to festivals.
I could not find a perfect design for me on Etsy´s selection as most have decorations on them and some are a bit too bulky for my taste, but I´m definitely taking these pictures to a friend of mine who works with leather to see what she can come up with. My ideal holster would be quite thin and a simple design with maybe a few rivets and straps. Feminine design and stylish enough not to be mistaken for a bum bag.
- ► 2014 ( 21 )
- ► 2013 ( 133 )
- DIY Chained Collar Tips tutorial by Taylor and Dem...
- What you feel on the inside
- Blogistania airs March 21st
- Skater girl
- Locked up - Bond Hardware
- DIY SS2012 Stella MCartney inspired cut out dress
- DIY: Feathered Alexander McQueen's Skull Inspired ...
- DIY Ann Demeulemeester feather headpiece
- DIY suspenders
- DIY tutorial - leather fringe skirt
- OutsaPop Trashion! book cover draft
- Leather leg holster bags
- OutsaPop Trashion @ Pinterest
- Vaatelainaamo - clothes borrowing service in Helsi...
- Corinne´s Craft Closet - DIY Doily Wedge Shoes
- Angels and demons
- MOO business cards giveaway!!
- What is trashion?
- DIY Margiela painted clothes by OutsaPop Trashion
- DIY - Margiela inspired paint test
- Margiela inspired DIY painted jeans
- Sharpie DIY denim shorts
- Erika Works painted leather
- ▼ February ( 23 )
- ► 2011 ( 465 )
- ► 2010 ( 457 )
- ► 2009 ( 708 )
- ► 2008 ( 236 )
- fabric printing
- Outi Pyy